Monday, September 23, 2013

Apple co-founder 'I want the entire internet on my wrist'

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/23/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-smart-watches

“I want the entire smartphone, the entire internet, on my wrist," he told Wired’s Nate Lanxon. "I want a larger display than they're starting with. They're starting with … displays that are the size of the iPod nano, which is the size of an ordinary watch of the past. I think we've got to get a little beyond this watch of the past."

“I hope [a future smart watch is] independent, works on its own and is not connected with Bluetooth to the smartphone in your pocket, but that doesn't mean it would be bad if it were that way.”
Most commercially available smart watches, from the Pebble toSamsung’s Galaxy Gear, connect to another internet-connected device.
In the interview, Wozniak lends his support to another new wearable technology Google Glass.
"I think that has a chance too, and the reason is: I want one,” he said. “I don't have one because I haven't enough time to be an early tester.”
"I think that's where our biggest innovations come from. It's people looking back at themselves and saying, 'Here's something that I really want that doesn't exist. I'm going to make it, maybe just for myself and my company.'"